Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Windows 8 Pre-Beta (Developer Release)

I figure I will give my review of what my personal opinion of this is... The initial setup of Windows 8 looks exactly like Windows 7, which is to be expected. After it rebooted, It brings you to this horrible UI start menu (as you can see below)

Now, the crappy thing about it is, you cant do anything with it! When you click the desktop, there is nothing on it, and the start button just brings you back to this scroll UI menu. The control new control panel within the UI is different. I am not sure if I like it or not, but there is one problem... I could not get out of it!

The only way that I could get out of it was pressing ctrl alt esc to bring up the taskmgr, which by the way I do like the changes to.

Overall windows is the same... I did disable the new Windows Start button UI. You can do that by going into regedit and going to hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer and finding the value RPEnable and setting the value to 0. Make sure you reboot afterwards.

After You reboot, you should have a very much look-alike of windows 7, and now the computer runs like a champ without being severly confused on where to go with anything

No comments:

Post a Comment