Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mentor Update #IDK-I-LOST-COUNT!

So, here I am again posting an update for this robot. I have all of the electronics ready and its about time to program!

After 3 re-etchings, I got a finalized board layout for the power board. I included a monostable 555 timer connected to an inverter to reset the micro controller when flipped off. This is useful if the controller happens to be plugged into the USB that it will be fully reset so we don't have any funkyness when we flip the robot back on.

We are using Omron pushbutton switches with the 12x12 caps for the buttons of which we will label later on for our Teach Pendant. The pendant will also have the microcontroller added onto it of which I will halfways have to redo my code to make it all work with the new layout. My co-worker is going to make a casing for it with AutoCAD Inventor and we will print it out in our 3D printing machine (pretty costly for material costs, but will look epic.) I have reduced my 34-conductor wire to 25 wires and stripped them in 3s/4s so the cable is more flexible.

The cutting of the holes for the switches was a pain in the arse. Using a dremel with a cutting wheel, I did the best I could, even managed to shave my red LED off a bit lol... I had another co-worker use a file to get the edges as best as we can. Luckily most of this will be covered when we get out casing. Overall, this project is starting to smooth out into something great and my head bashing will begin with the coding today.

Pictures:



1 comment:

  1. hello
    i have the same robot can please tell me which software you used to program it ?

    ReplyDelete