Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Temperature Sensor

I decided to add one more thing to our oil computer, which is a temp sensor. The origin of the idea came from http://fritzing.org/projects/lm335-temperature-sensor/

I modified the code to report a new reading every 200 samples (with there being 2 sensors, it is a total of 400 samples). It is pretty accurate and I was able to get the sensors accurate enough within about ~0.1 of a degree with adjustment. The AtMega328-PU was given the Arduino Bootloader and programmed using the Arduino IDE by popping out the old AtMega328P-PU chip in an Arduino and connecting the rx/tx and reset lines. You can use the P-PU version and it will work fine. I had to get a usbTiny to program the bootloader.

Here are pictures, code, and CAD circuit drawings. I will post component list later, but all of them came from mouser.com

Pictures:






Files:
Arduino PDE
Autocad Drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment